This is a good book. It looks at modern romance and actor/comedian Aziz Ansari co-wrote this book with sociologist Eric Klinenberg. This is not really a humor book, even though it has some humor.
Topics covered include
- Online dating
- Texting vs phone calls
- Texting behavior
- Differences between romance today vs romance in the past
- Dating in general
Ansari and Klinenberg ran focus groups, had an online forum, and consulted experts. They got stats and other information from online dating sites. They went to a few other countries to investigate. This is not just Ansari’s personal experiences or Klinenberg’s theories.
This is an interesting book. I enjoyed it and learned a lot.
Some Things I learned
- People under 30 are more likely to text than call
- Some social mores have changed a lot in last six years
- Since about 2009 fewer phone calls have been made
- Japan has a one of the lowest birth rates in the world
- Some studies say that too much choice can be overwhelming