I did go to six films in March, including the Croods as my animated movie. I think it was a good month at the movies.
- Spring Breakers was interesting but maybe not worth seeing again
- I liked Jack the Giant Slayer but it was a bit too violent for what was otherwise a family film
- I liked the fact that Oz the Great and Powerful didn’t end in a huge battle
- the Croods was fun, maybe better than Rio but not as good as Toy Story 3 or UP
- there was not a film I regretted seeing
- it was not a good month for movie previews, maybe it was an average month
I did not go to the Call or the Host or Admission or the Incredible Burt Wonderstone or Tyler Perry’s Temptation. I thought about a few of them but the reviews were mostly bad. (I think Tyler Perry’s movie was not screened for critics, which usually is not a good sign.) Also there were a lot of options this month, so I waited in some cases for a better movie.
I was not tempted to see InApporiate Comedy. The reviews were pretty bad and the preview was not interesting. It is a bit late to parody Dirty Harry and those jokes looked lame.
There are maybe two or three movies worth seeing next month.