Can a trailer be better than its movie? I am not sure. The movie She’s Out of My League was on cable last week and it reminded me of the trailer. The trailer was pretty good and I had hopes for the movie. I did not like the movie as much as I hoped I would.
One blogger said that the trailer for the Bourne Legacy was better than the movie. I liked the movie. The trailer was really good.
What is the job of a movie trailer? It is, I think, to entice people to go see the movie. So a trailer that entices people into going to theater is a success even if it misrepersents the film to a degree.
movies with misleading trailers
- Adventureland *the movie was much more bitersweet than the tailer hinted at
- Mr Jones *this was a movie about a manic depressive person that totally misrepersented the movie
- Funny People*one of the two trailers totall ignored the romantic angle
- She’s Out of My League*maybe this trailer was not really misleading but the trailer was excellent and the film was average at best
Trailers that gave too much away
- Terminator 2 Judgment Day*the trailer gave away the major plot point thst one terminator was good and was evil
- Sister Act II*the trailer gave away the best jokes